On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 01:50:10 +0100, Robert Kaye wrote:

I would suggest that we add Europe as a release country. Not EU.

The 'country' Europe should be considered an inferior piece of data, but acceptable until the proper release country can be determined. I prefer not to go with EU, since that gives very clear guidelines as to who is part and who is not part of the EEC (as it was once called). Plus, I doubt that record companies that label something as 'released in the EU' or 'made in the EU' would stop short of selling a release in Norway or Switzerland.

Thus, Europe is fuzzier than then EU, which is desirable if we treat it as an inferior piece of data that should be improved over time.

If you think we're making a grave mistake, please speak up. If this merely doesn't agree with you, take option three: STFU. :-)

Dificult decision. To veto or not to veto.

In my reading of the past debates there was a kind of consensus that we should use the EU if any, not Europe. Now of course my observation might be biased, but if this is true, then you should follow this decision.

Comments anyone (like a short "yes, that is my observation too" or "no, I don't think this was consensus")?

Sory to open the can again

  DonRedman, the worm :-)

--
Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiPages:
Visit http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ the best MusicBrainz documentation around! :-)