Picard uses the webservice as a source of information. Why do you think the
annotations cannot be made accessible on this way?. Picard, and of course
other taggers/mediaplayers could retrieve this information with the
musicbrainz track-GUID. Problem is, since we allow wiki markup now, that the
annotations need to be stripped of the wiki markup first.

> however, should we ever allow track annotations, it would seem
> inconsistant that the info would stay on the title NATs and be
> consigned to the annotation for albums, or indeed vice versa.

Implementing track annotations would lessen the need to put everything into
the track title field. Which information goes where, could be discussed and
decided by the community.