On 4/7/06, Frederic Da Vitoria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Re-reading this post...

2006/4/2, Adam Golding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> note that we also need a way to handle multiple publications of a single
> work (they might have different metronome markings, for instance.. or even
> be in different keys)

Do you have any actual example of this? This would have a major impact
on how the data are structured, so before agreeing with you, I'd like
an example.

err. well i know there are multiple publicaitons of many works... such as chopin's works, which were revised often

bach transposed many works into other keys... for isntance some of the fugues in the WTC were origianll stand-alone fugues in other keys

and i can certainly imagine metronome marksing changing often enough between publications.. Wagner, for instance, removed metronome markings from some piece because they were causing conductors to be too rigid with the tempi

--
Frederic Da Vitoria