On 4/26/06, Simon Reinhardt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The only thing we need is that someone *really* cares about a problem and
> controls discussions. And well, if noone like that is found for an issue then
> the style secretary can ask someone to do the work or try to do it themselves
> as a last resort. And we need the secretary for overviewing the general
> process.

The person best suited to deal with an open style issue is, of course,
the person proposing a change! If (s)he doesn't even have the interest
in remembering to ask for a RFC/RFV/whatever, who will? I don;t think
we need yet another way to deal with style issues. I can hardly keep
up with the way to have an issue discussed as it is. And I don't
consider myself a newbie with respect to style guideline proposals.

--
Jan van Thiel