On Wednesday 03 May 2006 22:33, Chris Bransden wrote:

> nah cos it's only relevant if you own both. same reason we don't
> append (vinyl) or (japanese release) to titles, even though there's
> plenty of reasons why you would want to own both.
>
> i think it's just one of those things you have to do at your end :)
> maybe the tagger could be made smart enough to realise when this was
> going to happen and ask the user if they wanted to add something to
> distinguish it?

I tend to file all my stuff under:

audio dir/artist name/release date - albumname/

If possible I use the exact release date. On a few occasions this has helped
distinguish albums and singles of the same name as they are rarely released
on the same day.

Of course if you only know the year that's not much help.

--
PRAEst76
np: Gary Numan - Crazier (feat. Rico & Andy Gray)