define 'people' :P i don't want to see my albums change name depending
on what particular package i got them in. i want the album field of my

what did we say about just yesterday bout the "i don't want this in my
tags" arguments? you put your opinion above all others, and are
continually working against the consensus we worked out really hard.
it's obnoxious. if we have 2 entries in the database, then everybody
can tag against the version they like. you can tag against the clean
standalone release, and those who own the boxset do against the
boxset.

many releases have different coverart and don't get seperate entry
here. no harm in having more than one ASIN for each release. most MBz
releases will probably have more than one ASIN for each format,
country release, etc. maybe even 10+ if you look hard enough.

not anymore, once we do albumgrouping objects (i.e. soon), and add
labels/ean/upc support. you ask a diehard discogs'er and "whats on the
cover should be in the tracklisting" supporter should like that.

i just don't think there's any need to index these things twice when
it's the same album - it just doesn't seem to go with MBz logic. we
either list ALL releases seperately (ie, seperate pressings, country
releases, remasters, etc), or put everything with the same
tracklisting together. untill we properly deal with labels, etc, i
don't see the former to be workable.

again, this will be added, if we don't spend our energy argueing about
all that silly stuff.