On 05/07/06, Lauri Watts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think I agree more or less with Don (at least, if I understood him
right).  If the choices were "Person" or "Band" then I could see a
case for covering "things which are more than one person, but are not
a band".  The choices are "Person" and "Group" though, which seems
sufficient for me.  Pigface, Excessive Force, and Willard Grant
Conspiracy are all without any shadow of a doubt groups, but we could
spend hours debating if they are collaborations, bands, or projects,
and I'm not entirely sure I see what purpose that would serve.

this i agree with. i think we're seeing some people intepreting
'group' as some kind of equal effort, where really it just means (to
me) "group of persons".

a lot of groups have 1 singular creative force, and a bunch of
glorified session musicians, yet i think this can be solved simply by
having the group leader as the 'member', and others as 'additional
member' - see http://musicbrainz.org/showrel.html?id=8871&type=artist