2006/7/28, Mangled <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I have much respect for La Pléiade, but I happen to have a few books
> from them. I took the first one, Dante's Divine Comedy, and here is
> what I found: "Le passeur, Charon" (should have been "Le Passeur,
> Charon") and later: "La tempête infernale". So your champions don't
> seem to understand the rules. Or the rules are actually more complex.

Heyhey :p
Yes, they are.
And La Pléiade also use different cap depending on where the title is
printed (front cover, top of the page).
I don't have (Dante) at hand, but I think I remember my "champions"
didn't betrayed me with Kafka ;).
Anyhow, La Pléiade is just an example amongst others.
And as previously stated, it's a known fact there's no consensus
(still it's my feeling our current set of rules is decently close to
what I think is common practice).

Well, maybe the rules vary depending on the original language? No,
just joking :-D

--
Frederic Da Vitoria