On Tuesday 01 August 2006 2:28 pm, you wrote:
> I feel that the difference between the ones above and the Billboard
> ones are the source... Billboard is recognizable as an industry
> standard/measure on a weekly/monthly/yearly basis... who decides
> what's the Top 150 or Top 200 in the ones you list above? I think
> popular also has to be weighed against source as well.

Reputability could be a separate requirement, but the popularity of a torrent
has nothing to do with the source. Popularity could only be based on how many
seeders and leechers there are for a particular torrent.

Another issue I have is that I can't see any particular reason why you would
_need_ to tag against this particular 'release'. I personally would want the
songs tagged with 'real' data. The list as it is would only be useful to me
as a playlist. Filling the album tags with ''Billboards Top 'whatever'"
serves no practical purpose and the release year could only (correctly) be
given as the year the torrent was compiled which again serves no useful
purpose.

IMHO, MusicBrainz should only store accurate information, when someone tags
tracks with MusicBrainz they should only get useful information, not tags
from some list that is deemed to be 'popular' and authoritative by a few
autoeditors.

Matt (mdhowe)