Brian G wrote:
again i point out that we need to call things what they are or else we will
continue to create confusing BadTermonology which creates communication
issues in the long run.
call things what they are rather than coming up with some new meaning for an
incorrect term.

This is intended to be a release _status_ if I understood it correctly. So yes, the
release may be a transliteration/translation mainly. But the release _status_ is not.
There it just doesn't fit. In my eyes "virtual" would be the best description
for a status. But I'm fine with other things, just your argument that it's a translation
doesn't work any more then, so you can't put a preference on this.

"translation" -- i don't see how it can become any more concise without
losing meaning of what's actually going on. and that can include
transliterations because transliteration is a translation that is literal.

I'm quite sure this is wrong but I let the linguists elaborate on this.

Simon (Shepard)