2007/4/5, Frederic Da Vitoria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I understand your point of view. But I still disagree. What use do you
foresee for the catalogue numbers?

A more extreme problem: I have a box set (cat#=NTCD1952) that contains
two cds which are available separately (cat#=NTCD354 & NTCD385). Once
removed from the box, nothing distinguishes the cds from releases
bought separately. How would you enter it?

In such a case, IMHO two different release events are needed, as this
is two different editions (the boxsetted one, and the independent one)
(possibly with two different dates, though they sure may have the same
release date).
What catalog # should be used for the boxsetted one then? I guess I
tend to agree with Chris (eg: use the boxset catalog #), and my
previous suggestion (use two different release events) somewhat imply
this.

Most time I saw this, the independent discs just use the main catalog
code plus an extra digit indicating the disc number.

I guess "really different catalog #" only occur when the discs were
previously available separately.

- Olivier