On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 04:28:35PM -0400, Brian Schweitzer wrote:
> >I believe this is more or less the current custom, and it fits with
> >the general tendency to treat japanese releases with care.
> >
> The main problem I see, when I find these, is there is often no easy way to
> distinguish these add edits from add edits where the editor just doesn't
> know what he or she is doing - especially when the artist's name also is
> listed in English, as opposed to Japanese.  It's somewhat confusing that
> we're applying a special rule to a subset of releases, but these releases
> are still being set to English/Latin.

In my experience, this is pretty rare, can you point to an example?
The japanese artists which need to be treated like this will usually be
in japanese, and/or some of the tracks on the album will be in kanji/kana.

I think it's quite reasonable to ask for a clarification from the
editor who entered the mod if you're unsure.  (and obviously,
non-responsive editors get no votes ;)

-- kuno.