On 5/4/07, Chidade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So...

All latin (on the back of the CD)
All kanji and kana (on the CD's obi and inside the CD booklet)
A mix of kanji/kana and latin in other officially recognised places, like
the website

 Which one of these should get put down as the original tracklisting? I
suppose this is something we'd need to sort out before we decide what to do
with the odd capitalisation. otherwise it may be a non-issue.

IMO, the CD is artist intent, the Obi is marketing / label add-ins.
I don't know if this is really the case, as I don't really know the
Japanese culture, but the assumption is that Obi Spine's are added
during production/shipping/wrapping, which means it's done by a
corporate entity and not the artist.

The same could be said of jacket/cover art, but typically the artist
has a say on how their album looks.  So I think the CD art has much
more bearing over an Obi, or anything else 'detached' from the
physical release.