2007/5/9, Rob Keeney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Sure, this one:
http://musicbrainz.org/release/e991d3e4-4316-4445-a330-94bdc4d4845a.html
and
http://musicbrainz.org/release/d766bdf7-8de8-40d3-88ca-12f83ce192d8.html

These are not bootlegs in the normally understood sense of illegal or
illicit, but they are not official either. Public domain seems to better
describe their legal status.

Rob.....

On 5/8/07, Arty Lee Smokes < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can someone provide an example of a release on MBz that is currently
> labelled "bootleg" where the editor doesn't think the term is adequate?
> As far as I'm concerned, a bootleg is anything that was not officially
> sanctioned for release by a record label. In other words, something that
> was released for which the record label did not receive recompense in
> monetary terms or as publicity (authorised promos are sent out free of
> charge as a way of generating interest, in order to generate money).
> --
> Arty Smokes

You can get a full list too (although of course it won't tell you which
release status are correct): go to "Other Searches", type "status:3" in the
"Search for" box and check "Use advanced query syntax".

--
Frederic Da Vitoria