On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

1. All ArtistSortNames must be in Latin script. ArtistSortNames in all
other scripts should use the transliterated or translated name in
Latin script by which they are commonly known.

I feel the second sentence is a little confusing, I think this wording is better.

 1. All ArtistSortNames must be in Latin script. Where the ArtistName
is in a non-latin script, the ArtistSortName should use the latin script transliterated or translated name by which they are commonly known.

Steve