Hello!

As some of you will know, I am getting a bit annoyed with
ConsistentOriginalData having two different meanings, which in
certain situations even contradict eachother.

So, I propose to split it up into two new pages, and throw away
the current name to avoid any further confusion.

The two new pages would be:

ConsistentOfficialData

"If, something is consistently labelled in a different style on
official sources, then this classifies as ConsistentOfficialData
and overrules the StyleGuidelines. Note that you need to provide
some evidence for ConsistentOriginalData (ideally in the
EditNote), or your edits will most likely be voted down."

ConsistentData

"This is for ambiguous tracks titles. Where there are multiple
track titles (with different spelling, capitalisation or
punctuation) for the same song.

If no definite proof can be found for the correct
spelling/punctuation, the most common version of the track title
is to be used."

NOTE:  This RFC is merely intended to clear up the confusing
surrounding ConsistentOriginalData.  It attempts to clarify
current practice.  Any changes to the wording or the meaning
of either page will have to be discussed seperetaly, it is not
part of this RFC and I will not partake in any such discussion
at this time.

They would both be at point #3 of the StylePrinciple, if you
think one of these shouldn't trump regular guidelines, etc..
please also discuss that seperately and not as part of this
RFC.

-- kuno / warp.

ps.  Thanks to brianfreud for discussing this on irc a bit,
for those interested the log is here:
http://chatlogs.musicbrainz.org/2008/2008-02/2008-02-25.html#T20-00-28-570892