Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
Lauri, I appreciate the reality check.  You are right, the people who buy
(and likely enter) such a CD probably have different motivations and desires
than those who buy a fine DG release.

Not only is Lauri right, but DG also makes these kinds of albums. (Try the "Mad About Bach" etc. series, and others)

But really. Is "Andante K. 315" worse than "Andante"?

I don't think so, no

Is "Andante for Flute
and Orchestra in C major, K. 315 / K. 285e" worse than that?

IMO, yes.

  Should MB
reject such contributions?  Should MB make no effort to guide contributors
who add them towards consistency and best practices?

IMO, we shouldn't pester submitters to add that data, and there is little need to add it ourselves. If someone comes along and says it's on the liners (and I think it very often is) and add ", K. 315" to a tracktitle, I'would vote yes, as I think the medium packaging should be the prime arbiter.