On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 4:32 PM, symphonick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hmm, if I understood correctly when asking in another tread about
> post-CSG tracknames, we should still put in the "heading" (context) in
> tracknames.
> From a cover (back):
> Czech Suite, Op. 39
> 2 Preludium (Pastorale)
> 3 Polka
> Tracknames:
> 2. Czech Suite, Op. 39: Preludium (Pastorale)
> 3. Czech Suite, Op. 39: Polka
>
> Like worktitles in CSG but as it is written on the cover (my
> interpretation). This would of course mean that some releases won't
> have "BWV 244"...? In this case I suppose "Matthew Passion: Chorus:
> Kommt, ihr Tochter, helft mir klagen; Choral: O Lamm Gottes,
> unschuldig" (we have to decide what to fix in tracknames, missing
> umlauts, should we standardize colons etc)
>
> I thought that we would be able to search for "BWV 244" in the
> worklist and from there locate the "connected" releases/tracks?

Quite, all this discussion will become almost meaningless then. I agree
using what is printed will be the simplest solution, although we will have
to address the problem of re-issues print differences.

The only real showstopper for me so far for this system is if we have
> to create a new "work" every time a work is split in more than one
> track (4th mvt of Beethoven's 9 and similar) . Sounds like a big mess
> to me. (& then there's this problem with identical releases in
> different languages and/or different packaging & how to deal with that
> without turning into discogs...)

Fortunately, this situation is not so frequent :-)

--
Frederic Da Vitoria