On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Leiv Hellebo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> It would not take me much effort to redo the SMP (and the Messiah the
> only ones I've done this for). Still, I am reluctant to do so, because I
> do think the adding of workname more or less breaks the primary function
> of the track title: To be useful in a normal listening context (some
> tracks on this release lasts only seven seconds, so there's little time
> to decipher the full title and extract the part title).

Ah, here is the deepest issue, I think: You see MB as a something which
should be useful in a normal listening context. I consider it as a database
about music (although I agree it is still embryonic). Not much about
listening in my position. You see MB as a way to feed Picard which will in
it's turn tag your files. I seldom listen to music when I am using MB, and I
almost never watch the track titles when I listen to music. I even
deliberately avoid tagging many of my mp3 because I don't want to be biased
by knowledge. So if  looked at the track title, all I would read would be
the track number. I would still be a MB user, even if Picard did not exist,
although I am glad Picard exists.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria