knakker wrote:
> It's more of a standards question that came up seeing the current lack
> of disc titles for many (classical) releases: are all disc texts other
> than just "disc x" considered a disc title and should therefor be added,
> or is a title something more specific?

In some cases a disc title is something specific. A good example may be
where you have discs in paper sleeves, and the paper sleeve has both
"disc 3" and
"Symphony No. 2
Symphony No. 4" (possibly with "Op. 100" and "in G minor"

This is stuff for DiscNumberStyle, and you could e.g. get
"The Symphonies (Orchestra feat. conductor: John Doe) (disc 3: Nos. 2, 4)".
(The contraction to "Nos. 2, 4", is IMO a useful overriding of what the
label puts on the sleeve.)

Now, in cases where the individual disc wrappers have only "CD 3" (or
whatever), or where there is no wrappers, you can look on the discs
themselves and/or on the back of the packaging for telltale signs of
LabelIntent for disc titles.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing "CD 2: Symphonies Nos. 2, 4" be used
more as input for disc titles, as this is useful info - especially when
the symphonies of a set is not in sequence.

But if it is not there, I don't think it should be invented.

  I suspect this to be a vague area
> as all of my classical box set additions (without disc titles) were
> accepted, so i wonder what are the thought on this.

In the general case without cover scans, it is impossible for voters to
know when a disc should have a disc title.

Hope that helps,

Leiv