I only know about these "Cultural Identifiers" from what little I got from
discussing with Robert in chat about it.  I can't say for sure what the
finished NGS product will be so that we can accurately discuss them now.
(I'll try to hound Robert to make a post in here)

But from what I understand the "Cultural Identifier" will be like an MBID
tag that is applied to all releases in a group.  I don't even know if the CI
tag will have an "original/regular release" or if it will just see the group
as a family of equals.

I think it will lean more towards the family cluster so in that case I don'
think it matters if they point to an earliest release or not, so long as
they are all in the same unique group.  Personally I would probably still
link the releases to the earliest version, most common version out of habit
but I think it's more important that the links exist rather than where they
point.

Again this is partially my own speculation; this is why I'd like Robert or
one of the other main programmers who will be working on this to come in and
define for us what the end result should look like so we can best setup the
data for them.

Plus right now I'm under the impression that this AR won't carry over after
all of its data is imported as Cultural Identifiers and a new edit or
editing system may replace it.  So if it ends up full of AR clusters it
doesn't matter, so long as each cluster is unique and independant from other
clusters in this AR.

However there is a possibility of the AR carrying over so if specifying an
"original release" is needed we could specify that it's best practice and
treat it like all other ARs.

And good question about the earliest/remasters ARs.  Robert said we can't
use existing ARs for this, but many or most of them duplicate what we're
doing and provide a good headstart on the data.  Although jongetje pointed
out that not all will carry over since some link box sets.  Even if it's not
automated a list of possible groupings would help make things go even
quicker.

-Dustin
Kerensky97