I can sort of see that argument.  It feels wrong, but I can't really say
that I know of any particular grammatical argument either way.  Given that,
though, going back to the arabic case you mentioned earlier, wouldn't it
actually be this:

Not
" To be consistent, shouldn't we do "TrackTitle, Parts 1, 3, & 5" and
"TrackTitle, Parts 1–3, & 5"?"

But
To be consistent, shouldn't we do "TrackTitle, Parts 1, 3, & 5" and
"TrackTitle, Parts 1–3 & 5"?

ie, a serial comma, but no comma after the range?

(and re: consistency between the two, I think they actually are two distinct
cases, so there's no need for consistency between them.)

Brian