Pavel Fedyakov pisze:
Brian Schweitzer wrote:

I don't speak Russian, so I don't know...  Why is "1, 2, & 5" impossible
in Russian?  If you mean impossible due to the lack of an ampersand
equivalent in cyrillic (at least, going off of
http://www.artlebedev.com/mandership/112/ ), this would also seem a

Yes.  Ampersand isn't used in traditional Russian typography.  But I
personally dislike the usage of comma before it.  In Russian, comma is
never used before the only "and" in enumeration.

And in Polish. Ampersand doesn't exist in Polish (similar to for example letter "v"),  but I think technically it can be used. However comma before "and" is completely unthinkable. I didn't follow whole discussion, but even in English I don't really understand why you want comma before "&"?