On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 09:34:39AM +0100, Chris B wrote:
> editors wouldn't have to figure out languages because MBz already uses
> certain (english) words and structures across the DB for things like
> this (disc, bonus disc, YYYY-MM-DD, remix, etc etc). i don't see the
> harm in another (especially a rare one like this). discogs uses " to "
> all over the shop, without any fuss.

I just wanted to note that I do not interprete the Disc_Number_Style as
strongly as you seem to do.

http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Disc_Number_Style makes no mention at all
of non-english releases, so I wouldn't neccesarily use 'disc' on those.

If e.g. a dutch release uses "schijf: subtitle" on the backcover,
I will use 'schijf' in the release title on musicbrainz.  This is
rare though, I couldn't find an example of this last time I went
through my dutch releases.  But especially because it's so rare I
want to capture that when it occurs.  Changing it to 'disc' loses
information I want to retain.

Ofcourse in practice this would not be problem for me, because in
the cases where it matters ConsistentOriginalData applies and
Disc_Number_Style is not a strong guideline.

-- kuno / warp.