On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 11:35 AM, symphonick <symphon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010-04-11 12:13, Frederic Da Vitoria skrev:
> > 2010/4/11 Brian Schweitzer <brian.brianschweit...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:brian.brianschweit...@gmail.com>>
> >

> >     On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 4:58 PM, symphonick <symphon...@gmail.com
> >     <mailto:symphon...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >         2010-04-10 20:57, Leiv Hellebo skrev:
> >          > Brian Schweitzer wrote:
> >          >> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Leiv Hellebo wrote:
> >          >> > >
> >          >> > >  There's 5 positions I know of which I've not tried to
> >          >>      handle, as they
> >          >> > >  all seem more like Location-Artist ARs to me, should we
> >          >>      ever get
> >          >> > >  Locations...
> >          >> > >  Artist-in-residence
> >          >> > >  Conductor-in-residence
> >          >> > >  Composer-in-residence
> >          >> > >  Concert Producer
> >          >> > >  Music Supervisor
> >          >>
> >          >>
> >          >>      Googling conductor-in-residence readily gives plenty of
> >         artist-artist
> >          >>      relations, so I don't understand why you think
> >         Location-Artist is
> >          >>      better.
> >          >>
> >          >     As for -in-residence, that was my thought
> >          >> initially, and I saw the same from Google.  Then I looked
> >         through a lot
> >          >> of those Google hits (somewhere around 300 of them), and all
> >         but 3 or 4
> >          >> really boiled down to "Foo is/was conductor/artist in
> >         residence to
> >          >> foundation/location Pez which is also the organization
> >         behind/location
> >          >> of orchestra/choir Bar".  Hence why Foo-Pez and Pez-Bar
> >          >> ('location-artist' ARs) would both make more sense to me
> >         than a direct
> >          >> artist-artist AR.
> >          >
> >          > I see this, but although there is another organisation paying
> >         the bill
> >          > and it is tied to a particular location, I think perhaps
> >          >
> >          > ConductorA is/was conductor in residence with OrchestraB
> >          >
> >          > is better anyway. ConductorA needs the Orchestra(s) of the
> >         location more
> >          > than he needs the location, and it seems more of a musical
> >         relationship.
> >          >
> >          >     For those rare cases where it really is a direct
> >          >> artist-artist, those seemed safely enough cat-corners to
> >         leave out for
> >          >> the moment, both to avoid growing the proposal even more and
> >         to avoid
> >          >> that majority of location-artist ARs being entered as
> >         artist-artist ARs,
> >          >> since we're currently lacking both locations and those much
> >         more correct
> >          >> (imho) artist-location ARs.
> >          >
> [...]

No, because they cuold also be just a 'conductor'; 'chief' (aka 'principal'
) is a title.  A conductor emeritus is neither guest nor principal, and none
of these - a cohabitating conductor-in-residence, and secondary/tertiary
conductors for an opera (or large work, such as the 1812 overture, which can
have 2+ conductors) - would be guest, principal, or emeritus.  The person's
title can also just be (and frequently is) 'conductor'.

Brian