From: musicbrainz-style-boun...@lists.musicbrainz.org
[mailto:musicbrainz-style-boun...@lists.musicbrainz.org] On Behalf Of symphonick
Sent: 18 May 2011 12:03
To: MusicBrainz Style Discussion
Subject: Re: [mb-style] CSG: Work aliases

On Wed, 18 May 2011 12:51:00 +0200, Pete Marsh <pete.ma...@bbc.co.uk>
wrote:

> looks sensible to me, though I'm imagining that Urtexts for some
> composers/works might be hard to find.
>
> and with Mozart for instance...would Köchel numbers go into the
> comment field for diambiguation too (as they're not Mozart's) but be
> allowed in aliases?

In an ideal world we will have fields to add all catalogue numbers. (I think
you're the first to suggest using the comment field). I suppose we will
continue like before & add opus/our choosen catalogue (Köchel for
Mozart) to the titles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on
it and notify the sender immediately.