Alex Mauer wrote:
> On 7/4/2011 5:52 PM, Nikki wrote:
>>  What do people think about allowing multiple packagings to be selected?
>>  I don't mean anything particularly fancy, just like we have at the
>>  moment except you could select multiple things.
>>
>>  I spoke to Ollie about it earlier and he said it wouldn't be hard to do,
>>  but doesn't want to do it unless that's what we actually want, so that's
>>  why I'm asking.
>
> I think it would be useful, but perhaps not as useful as per-medium
> packaging.

Well, I don't think per-medium packaging is actually the correct way to model
it because several discs can be contained in the same case.

But I also don't think the perfect data model is always the best model for
MusicBrainz because sometimes it just makes editing too hard / tiresome, even
with the best interface, so the data quality will inevitably suffer from a
really complex model.
Therefore I think I'd actually prefer just being able to select multiple
packaging types.

Regards,
   Simon