The problem with this proposal is that it is _extremely_ Anglo-centric,
because the recording and release group guidelines are extremely
Anglo-centric.

If this proposal is to pass, I'd like to see...
1)  Abbreviations should _not_ be expanded by default for countries where
English is not the primary language, not least because it is sometimes hard
to determine what the abbreviation actually stands for.  (e.g., "fw", which
I've seen converted to a generic "feat.").  Ideally, I'd like see a stop to
expanding "Vol." by default for non-English releases as well (I still
support separating it from the main title with a comma, since the indication
of a vol* number is usually a font/size/color change)
2)  Extra title information should _not_ always use parentheses.  This is
only bringing this bullet point of the recording guideline in line with the
"subtitles" bullet point:  If there is an alternative dividing punctuation
mark such as the question mark (?) or exclamation point (!), use that mark
instead of the colon.  (The specific punctuation marks I have in mind here
are the wavedash; hyphen; full-width space in languages which don't normally
use spaces.)

Basically, if the passage of this proposal would in any way change the
following:
http://musicbrainz.org/recording/26089c8d-00d0-416c-95c2-ffc80b46ae3f ("feat.
Artist" in this title essentially means "Artist version".  There is no
artist "featured" besides the primary artist, which is credited in the
artist field.)
http://musicbrainz.org/recording/a6f86c39-839b-4b24-b430-250a60832711 (ETI
punctuation)
http://musicbrainz.org/recording/7a98b745-cb1b-43f3-b95b-5207ed4f4adf (ETI
punctuation)
http://musicbrainz.org/recording/3dc62741-2e50-4489-86eb-b0de9d3d3242 (Japanese
track, consistent original data, etc.)
http://musicbrainz.org/recording/1b3e1dc6-c3f8-4931-82e2-f5b3cbb7d224 (Japanese
track, consistent original data, etc.)
http://musicbrainz.org/recording/4c144e39-be2e-488d-b10d-d7c4b93c53cd (Japanese
track, spacing)

Then I veto this, and will of course support any revisions which preserve
the above examples.
(this isn't a comprehensive list by any means - they were merely the first
things I could think of quickly)

And yes, Musicbrainz is a database and "normalized" or "standardized" data
is a good thing - but if you change the data such that it is useless to its
intended audience (e.g., a customer who actually has the CD in-hand), or
spelling differences so huge that someone searching for the data using
text readily/commonly seen on the internet and in stores has difficulty
getting results in a Musicbrainz search, then you've made the database
useless through guidelines which are too aggressive in scope.  This isn't
"user preference", it's about _maintaining_ consistent data in the given
examples.