Robin Hill wrote:
> My suggestion would we go with whatever we have with broad agreement.
> Even if that is just at the minute: "Follow the Style/Title Guideline"
>
> I've created a possible example here -
> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:rphill/Work_Guidelines
> based on the Style/Recording guidelines.  I don't know exactly what
> else you have had agreement on, so it's basic at the minute

I think the first five points of the "distinctiveness" section aren't
disputed (new lyrics = new lyricist, so separate works are usually
needed anyway).

I don't know about mash-ups right now but medleys can be entered either
as works or recordings (and were migrated to recordings) and in both the
discussions on here and edits I've seen, people seem pretty convinced
that remixes generally shouldn't be new works. I think it would probably
be ok to split it into two sections and put medleys and remixes under a
bit which says that sometimes they're distinct works, and then we can
add more detail to that bit later.

Nikki