On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 13:30 +0100, Rupert Swarbrick wrote:
> Jim DeLaHunt <from.nab...@jdlh.com> writes:
> > I propose defining an inheritance of relationships between any two Works
> > joined by a Parts Relationship Type. This makes explicit the logical
> > consequence of the Parts Relationship Type's meaning: that one Work entity
> > is a part of another Work entity. Any Relationship which in any of the
> > Work-relatedRelationship Family has its meaning inherited (except Parts
> > Relationship Type, that would be too recursive).
>
> This is a great idea! Indeed, it would be even better if the MB software
> had some support for showing this eg. a slightly differently formatted
> copy of the inherited AR or something.
>
> About your question of whether all artist-work relationships should be
> inherited: I think so, given the current list, and I can't think of any
> plausible new artist-work relationships that would break this...

How would you handle, for example, the case where the entire work is
known to be composed by two composers, A & B - but it is known that, for
example, only A composed the prelude and only B the overture, which are
parts of that entire work?

You wouldn't want to inherit both of the composers from the top level
work in that case.

--
kepstin
Calvin Walton <calvin.wal...@kepstin.ca>