On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 12:17:21PM -0400, Calvin Walton wrote:
> How would you handle, for example, the case where the entire work is
> known to be composed by two composers, A & B - but it is known that, for
> example, only A composed the prelude and only B the overture, which are
> parts of that entire work?
>
> You wouldn't want to inherit both of the composers from the top level
> work in that case.

Exactly, I wanted to give a similar example with composition date. I've
seen a lot of examples where the movements have exact composition dates
(e.g. 1874-1876 and 1877-1878) and the entire work has 1874-1878. So
here the entire work kind of inherits the composition dates from the
contained sub-works.

So I don't really see the benefit of just blindly copying ARs...

Johannes