On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Per Starbäck <per.starb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed that at the official
> EuroVisionShop at
> http://www.eurovisionshop.tv/product/cd-dvd/45/434/official-2-cd-esc-2012
> where it says that
>
>   All customers which already bought the CD will get the new version
> with the correct recording
>   of the Norwegian contender, "Stay" by Tooij.
>
> I wonder if the (good) release we have in MBz is the old or the new one.
> If you buy it from that webshop, do you get a Tuvalu release (.tv)? :-)

The filename of Tooji's Stay bought from eurovisionmusic.com is "32
Stay (Eurovision 2012 - Norway) **.mp3" No other song has "**" in the
filename so my guess is that I have the updated version. For research
purposes I found an early FLAC rip of the release and compared the
tracks in Audacity: <http://bayimg.com/AAoNIAADN>. As you can see, the
MP3 is louder. After normalizing the levels I can still hear a
difference, but it could just be due to more dynamic compression on
the MP3. If someone has copy bought from
http://www.eurovisionshop.tv/en/product/cd-and-dvd/45/434/official-2-cd-esc-2012
after the note about this track was added I could compare.

If the DiscID is different I suppose a separate release and recording
should be added, but assuming it still has the same packaging I don't
know how to determine a release date. If two pressings can be
confirmed, I obviously don't think we should have two releases for
each country, that would be twice as annoying...

--
Philip Jägenstedt