On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM, CARO REPETTO, RAFAEL
<rafael.c...@upf.edu> wrote:

> 2. For the transliteration of titles and tracks, and since there is no
> official consensus about it, we are planning to transliterate every single
> hanzi separately: 音乐 = yīn yuè, and not yīnyuè. As for capitals in titles
> and tracks, we think that only first syllables in the phrase, and those for
> proper names for people and places should be in capitals.

Nikki brought this thread to my attention, so here's my two cents.
https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Language/Chinese is mostly written
by me, and my intention was that words should be grouped without
spaces, as in yīnyuè. The example "Bā dù kōngjiān" and the link to
http://www.pinyin.info/readings/zyg/rules.html points in this
direction.

However, I don't believe it was ever discussed at the time. While it
is the correct way, there are indeed cases where it's tricky to judge
what is a word. Since I don't use transliterated releases myself, I
don't have a strong opinion on what the guideline says on this point.

--
Philip Jägenstedt