Michael --

...and then Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek said...
%
% Thank you for your responses. If I understand what you are writing, you
% all advise me to swich from browsing local folders by defalt to browsing
% remote folders by default.

At least when you want to look at remote folders, anyway.

% That differs from the behavior I'd like to achieve. I want mutt to show
% the tree in which the folder that is currently open can be located so
% that I can select its sibling or subfolder. Writing the whole URL is

Fair enough.

% quite a bit of typing, thus I do not consider this an easy way.
% I set up mailboxes to point to all my accounts following another
% advice to get easy access to all of them using c<tab><tab>.

I would recommend a couple of macros which reset $folder so that you can
quickly change from local to remote and back.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]