Bob --

...and then Robert Ian Smit said...
%
% Hi,

Hello!

%
% Don't know where to go to first with this problem, so y'all please be my
% victim ;)

*griN*

%
% I also have a shortcut aka launcher with a nice mutt icon that
% starts a gnome-terminal with a larger than default geometry and
% --command mutt.

When you start that command how does your mutt get any environment
settings?  Unless bash runs to set it before calling mutt then you won't
see it.

Try putting mutt in a wrapper that sets your vars and is called by
your --command shortcut and see what it gets you.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]