* D. J. Bolderman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote this on 09 24, 02 at 17:35:
> On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>
> > > At work I now have mutt set up to properly connect via IMAP to an Exchange
> > > server. The problem is, though, that new messages always appear as old and
> > > unread. This means that mutt -Z is useless. Is there some adjustment that
> > > would have to be made on the server to make new messages appear as new (I
> > > know next to nothing about either Exchange or IMAP)? Is there something I
> > > can tell mutt to get it to treat old/unread as new, particularly with
> > > reespect to the -Z option?
> >
> > Here, with IMAP, I get new messages as expected. But when I reconnect
> > to the server, all the new messages become old messages! This is very
> > annoying, in particular when I have to quit and restart Mutt without
> > having read all the new messages.
>
> So how do all you IMAP users get an overview of all new mails per folder
> when you start Mutt ? Do you have to browse each folder to see if there
> are any new mails ??

Yes. :-( The <change-folder> command (normally "c") shows no new mail
indicator, when changing to different IMAP folders.

Note: the messages within the folders are properly marked as "N" (new). And
will stay that way until read, presuming that you "unset mark_old". It's
just the list of folders that does not tell you if there is new mail in a
folder, so you have to look in each folder.