* Christian Ebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-07-04 18:00 +0200]:

Unfortunately there's nothing that tells an unexperienced user
that it is iconv's fault. See the message that started this
thread. amavis told him about an undeclared header. And some
people don't run amavis, or are not as obsessed as I am about
Mutt, and will just say: oh, Mutt freezes, without telling me
anything, I'll just use that other mailer which doesn't freeze.

I agree - you have to be determined in a case like this one. It took a bit of work to isolate the message that was causing the hang. Not something you can expect most users to bother with.
Thanks for the hints on charset-hooks - I tried them but it didn't help.
For now, since I'm only seeing this problem with a single user on a
single mailing list, I've written a sed one-liner to correct the From:
line in his messages, and I'll drop it into cron until I have the chance
to try a new libiconv.

Breen
--
Breen Mullins