* brownh <bro...@historicalmaterialism.info> [11-19-09 13:50]:
> Pasted lines, such as when quoting a message to which I am
> replying, are not automatically wrapped, and so end being too long.
>
> I can wrap a current paragraph with C-j, but often there are very many
> quoteed paragraphs, and it takes too much work to visit each.
>
> Is there any way to mark a block of text, such as a whole message,
> including its pasted material, and re-wrap the whole in one operation?
> Didn't see it in the manual.

Which manual?

man nano suggests several wrapping options which I would think you would
want to add to the editor command in .muttrc.

note:  perhaps you are quoting toooo much material.  Minimal quoting
providing only enough to put your answers/comments into context is
perferred.

I use jed for email and it (and joe) both provide wrapping.  Jed will
re-wrap quoted material maintaining the quote indicators and offsets.