On 2013-11-29 14:35, LEVAI Daniel wrote:
On 2013-11-29 12:40, LEVAI Daniel wrote:
On p, nov 29, 2013 at 12:24:33 +0100, Martin Vegter wrote:
hello,

could somebody please advise on the following issues?

when in run mutt in terminal emulator, it reacts to the scroll wheel of my
mouse. Is it possible to disable mouse entirely? There is no mention of the
word "mouse" in man mutt.

Well, not sure if this is Mutt specific, but terminal emulator specific.
If you're on a tty, perhaps gpm is running? If you're on a pseudo
terminal, just disable the mouse input in your terminal emulator (xterm,
urxvt etc... see their corresponding manuals).
I had similar problem with midnight commander and I solved it by using mc
--nomouse. So I was hoping for similar command line option for mutt.

Not that I know of, but maybe someone more versed in Mutt can bring hope
:)

[...]
This is how it works. You must sync the mailbox to purge the messages
that were being marked for deletion. You can append the <sync-mailbox>
function to the macro (but then 'S' will of course purge any other
messages marked for delete and all-in-all do everything that eg. '$'
would have done).
I have modified my macro, but <sync-mailbox> seems to make no difference. I
still see the message in inbox as marked deleted.

macro index,pager S "<tag-prefix><save-message>=archive<enter><sync-mailbox>"

Oh, right. You must set delete=yes, if you want <sync-mailbox> to actually
purge the deleted mails. I forgot about this.

muttrc(5):
delete
   Type: quadoption
   Default: ask-yes

   Controls whether or not messages are really deleted when closing or
   synchronizing  a  mail‐ box.   If  set  to  yes,  messages marked for
deleting
   will automatically be purged without prompting.  If set to no, messages
marked
   for deletion will be kept in the mailbox.

So eg.:
macro index,pager S \
  "<tag-prefix><save-message>=archive<enter>:set delete=yes<enter><sync-mailbox>:set
delete=no<enter>"

unfortunately, this still does not work:
1) the messages-to-be-deleted are still in my inbox
2) the <enter> at the end actually acts <display-message>, so when I pres S, I end up in the pager.

... that is 'no' at the end, or whatever value you've set for option
'delete' beforehand.

And a fair warning to this macro: You would actually have to use two
<enter> commands after '=archive', if it would ask you if you want to
append the message to the =archive folder. If you have a setup not to
ask you this, then one <enter> is sufficient.
After one or two tries it'll work like a charm ;-)

Daniel