I see the definition of update in the online manual... This is the link:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/U/P/UPDATE.html

and this is what is written:

************ From MySQL manual ONLINE *******************

UPDATE [LOW_PRIORITY] [IGNORE] tbl_name
     SET col_name1=expr1, [col_name2=expr2, ...]
     [WHERE where_definition]
     [ORDER BY ...]
     [LIMIT #]

UPDATE updates columns in existing table rows with new values. The SET
clause indicates which columns to modify and the values they should be
given. The WHERE clause, if given, specifies which rows should be updated.
Otherwise all rows are updated. If the ORDER BY clause is specified, the
rows will be updated in the order that is specified.

************ End From MySQL manual ONLINE *******************

So i read the manual... but is the manual wrong?

Denis