Thanks for your time.
I disabled replication (slave stop), removed the master.info file (it did
contain a wrong/old password), stopped the mysqld (mysqladmin -p shutdown),
and restarted it (safe_mysqld &).
The information in master.info is correct now, but still it gets an access
denied. The password is right, the user is right, the hostname is right..
sigh.

Rick
  Server Administrator [Linux - FreeBSD]
 Websites: www.shellz.nl www.tweakers.net
              ICQ#: 37416519
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]