You didn't try it, did you.... 8-).

In a nutshell a basic SELECT statement looks like:

SELECT /columns list/
FROM /tables list/
WHERE /conditions list/

The /columns list/ is where you specify all of the values you want from
the database, including constant and computed values
The /tables list/ is where you specify where the data comes from. If it
requires more than one table to provide your data, this is also where your
table JOINs occur.
The /where list/ defines the conditions each resulting row must meet in
order to be able to contribute it's values to those requested in the
/columns list/

Please refer to this URL for more details:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/SELECT.html

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

"leegold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/08/2004 01:12:17 PM:

> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:22:37 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > I think that this will work:
> >
> > $query = "SELECT page.*, url.* FROM `page` LEFT JOIN `keywords` USING
> > (`page_id`) LEFT JOIN URL USING (`page_id`) WHERE MATCH
> > (`keywords`.`keyword_txt`) AGAINST ('$keyword'
> > IN BOOLEAN MODE)";
>
> Sorry to bother I may be showing my lack, but the url table is a
> different table from the page table so wouldn't it be folowing your
> example:
>
> $query = "SELECT page.* FROM `page`, url.* FROM `url` LEFT JOIN
> `keywords` USING....??
>
> Thanks again
>

> > Shawn Green
> > Database Administrator
> > Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine
> >

> > "leegold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/08/2004 12:06:17 PM:
> >
> > > A popular question, how to select/query from two tables. I googled
it
> > > but am having trouble, wondered if anyone would answer this newbie
> > > question. Here's my existing (PHP) query:
> > >
> > > $query = "SELECT page.* FROM `page` LEFT JOIN `keywords` USING
> > > (`page_id`) WHERE MATCH (`keywords`.`keyword_txt`) AGAINST
('$keyword'
> > > IN BOOLEAN MODE)";
> > >
> > > I want to SELECT from a new second table using "page_id" just like
I'm