From: Jeff Mao [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 11 February 2005 7:36 AM
To: mel list_php; mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: RE: php conection problems

That did the trick,...thanks

so,...why is my Apache installation using an old client?  After
reading your suggestion, it makes more sense when I look at the
output of phpinfo() which says that mysql is "builtin" and the Client
API version is 3.23.49,...why?!  I guess it was a bad assumption on
my part that a fresh install of mysql would include all new
versions?!  Or is this "builtin" 3.23.49 part of my Apache
installation that shipped with my laptop?

If anyone can shed some light on how to update that part of it, I'd
greatly appreciate it!  I'd hate to have to go through these extra
steps every time!

Jeff