Hi list,

I can't get mysql running again and I don't know why. My wag would
be a corrupt mysql.exe? I had it running for almost a year now and besides
the fact that my ibdata1 rose to a size of more than 2.5 G (with actual data of
less than 100 M) I didn't encounter problems. but this morning I started my
lap without mysql.

When I try to restart the service in winxp (prof)
\mysqld-opt --defaults-file="C:\WINDOWS\my.ini" MySql

I get the message: 2 System can't find the specified file

I'm using a mysql 4.1. Is there a way to look the right version up somehere?
If I try to connect via command line I'am asked for my password but I'm
refused -> can't connect to server on localhost

I haven't done any changes on setting of the db lately, so I'm a bit clueless on
where this is coming from

How can I get my system back on track? Where do I have to look to provide
more info on my system?

thx
Jan
to complete it here is my ini:
[mysqld]
basedir=C:/datenbank/mysql/db
bind-address=127.0.0.1
datadir=C:/datenbank/mysql/db/data
#language=C:/datenbank/mysql/db/share/your language directory
#slow query log#=
#tmpdir#=
#port=3306
#set-variable=key_buffer=16M
#Show user and password in SHOW SLAVE HOSTS
show-slave-auth-info
set-variable=max_allowed_packet=2M

#Speeds up server shutdown process.
#skip-innodb_fast_shutdown

#Enable/disable LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE
#local-infile

#INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE has lower priority than selects.
#low-priority-updates

#Enable this option only if you would like to use InnoDB tables.
#skip-innodb

[WinMySQLadmin]
Server=C:/datenbank/mysql/db/bin/mysqld-nt.exe
user=root
password=