--- Jasper Bryant-Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> tai huijia wrote:
>
> You need to log in (to MySQL) as root if you want to
> see the mysql
> database. It contains sensitive information which
> will only appear to root.

check your my.cnf or ini file and check for this
parameter:

   safe-show-database

if you remove it (and restart the DB server) you and
everybody who logs to the database server will be able
to see all databases.

regards,
esv.

Enrique Sanchez Vela
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
It's often easier to fight for one's        ||    We live in the outer space

principles than to live up to them        ||    Rev. Kay Greenleaf
Adlai Stevenson                                ||