Hi all,

We are a group of three students in Professor Ric. Holt's Software
Architecture class at the University of Waterloo.  As our project, we
would like to examine the MySQL source to determine the best way to
implement materlialized views.

What we would like to know is:

1. How feasible would implementing materialized views be?

2. Any reasons why materialized views haven't been added already?

3. Any web pages or archived messages relating to this.  (I have
search the archives and didn't find anything.)

4. Any comments at all relating to this endeavor.

Many thanks,
-Andrew Roth, on behalf of group members Steve Hanov and Hobbe Smit