Mike,

----- Original Message ----- From: "mos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 12:11 AM
Subject: Heikki: What will become of InnoDb once MySQL license runs out

Heikki,
I am about to start a large MySQL project that requires transactions and I
need to know if InnoDb will be around for MySQL after MySQL's license for
InnoDb runs out in 2006.

the current GPL version of MySQL/InnoDB will of course be available then by the very nature of the GPL license.

The MySQL AB - Innobase Oy OEM agreement is about commercial non-GPL MySQL/InnoDB licenses. About that agreement I want to refer to the official press release of Oracle Corporation:
http://www.oracle.com/innodb/index.html

If yes, will you still be supporting it or will
it be up to MySQL AB?

I want to refer to the official press release where Charles Rozwat, Oracle's Executive Vice President in charge of Database and Middleware Technology says: "Oracle intends to continue developing the InnoDB technology and expand our commitment to open source software."

TIA

Mike

Regards,

Heikki Tuuri