From: Chris Kantarjiev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:55 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: really big key_buffer_size (> 4GB)?

I'm running 4.0.25 on NetBSD 3 on an amd64. It appears that the
key_buffer_size is being truncated to 4GB, even though I've set it
larger.

Could someone give me a hint about where to look? I'm a little
suspicious of ha_resize_key_cache() which is using longs internally to
hold the keybuff_size, but I suspect this is not quite the source of the
problem (there's no logic here to truncate the input value).

Thanks,
chris