On 31.05.2006 14:46 (+0100), Paul DuBois wrote:
> --ssl on the client side (mysql) isn't sufficient to enable an SSL
> connection, as stated in the manual.  That's why Joerg indicated the
> use of the other options.

Why do I need to provide the client with a certificate? I don't have one
 and I also don't want to create one and distribute it to any computer I
might want to connect from using SSL. No browser, no FTP client, no MUA
needs an SSL cert, so what's up with MySQL? (At least they all don't bug
the user with supplying one. I'm no SSL developer either.)

And what is that CA thing at all? I don't have anything like that. I
only have a certificate (public and private key). All other SSL-enabled
services work fine with that. Is there no easy way to say MySQL "here's
your certificate, and now go do something useful"? At least it looks
like the MySQL server doesn't require a "CA", as opposed to what the doc
says.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://beta.unclassified.de – My web laboratory.