More details.

CREATE TABLE mailer_student_status (
  student_id decimal(22,0) NOT NULL default '0',
  param varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
  value varchar(128) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (student_id,param).
 KEY idx_value (value)
)

SELECT VALUE
  FROM mailer_student_status
  WHERE student_id=586925 and VALUE = 0

SELECT VALUE
  FROM mailer_student_status
  WHERE PARAM = 'FIRST_MAILER_COUPON_CODE' and VALUE = 0

--
Krishna Chandra Prajapati